Pages

Tuesday 19 May 2015

Have you ever received your citizenship certificate?

On Tuesday, my family and I went to the citizenship ceremony. We were super excited because we were about to become New Zealand citizens. It started at 10:00 am and finished at 11:00 am. 

It started to rain when we arrived there. "Let's go in the car!", shouted mum. Then all of a sudden the rain became smaller and smaller and then it stopped. "Don't worry, it is not a lot of rain coming down from the sky!", I said. 

When we were inside the venue we had to wait for the door to open because that was where the ceremony was going to be. A few minutes later, more people came and they also waited with us. Then the door opened.  

When we were seated, I saw a bible. I took a quick look at the scriptures while I waited for the ceremony to start. 

"Welcome to everyone here at the ceremony", the speaker said. First, some people performed a Maori dance. Then they shared a video about the new citizens in New Zealand. My family and I enjoyed it. After that, it was time for handing out the citizenship certificates. We were very excited about it because we were about to receive our certificates. "Ronald, Charity, Vine and Shannon, Philippines!", the speaker read out. I was a little bit nervous and shy because I don't really like to stand in front of an audience. Then finally we got our certificates. 

After that, we went to KFC and had lunch. We ate some chickens and some fries. After that we took a rest because we were tired.

My favourite part was when we received our certificates because it proves that we are really citizens of New Zealand and that New Zealand is our country. I would love to see other people receive their citizen certificates when it's their turn.

WALT understand and use descriptive language.
I know this when I use appropriate verbs and adjectives in my recount.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.