Pages

Friday 5 June 2015

Woohoo! I reached the top!

On Monday, my family, cousins, aunt, uncle and I decided to go to Climbzone because my cousins, sister and I loves to climb. First, we went to a restaurant before we went to Climbzone so that we could have fuel up and have energy for our climb.
               Once we were at the restaurant, we picked some Chinese food. We had steamed rice, prawn, pork buns, chicken feet, beef, squid, dumplings, spring roll and more! We had a lot of food and we ate a lot. "Their food makes my tummy full because it is so delicious!", I said. 
"Same as me", my cousin replied. After our tummies were full, we went to Climbzone.
               My cousins, sister and I went to a man so he can put our harness on for us so we would be safe climbing the wall. When we were ready with our harness the man taught us how to climb and told us the rules about rock climbing. After we were told the rules and how to climb, we were allowed to start rock climbing.                We climbed up as high as we could. "Yay! I did it!", I shouted. One of my cousins and my sister tried to climb up to the top as quick as a mice but it was too difficult for them. "This is too hard Shannon! What is your technique?", my cousin asked. "Use your muscles to pull yourself up!", I said. My cousins, sister and I had a race. We tried to climb as rapid as a cheetah up to the top. Yay! It was a tie!
               That was a fun time at Climbzone. I love to climb and have races with other people. When my cousins come again, I hope we can go again so I can beat my time going to the top.

WALT understand and use descriptive language.
I know this when I use appropriate adjectives, verbs and similes in my recount.  

1 comment:

  1. Hi Shannon.
    I like the way you added descriptive language into your writing. I also like the way you described what happened in the story. Have you made any writings about rock climbing?

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.