Pages

Thursday 4 June 2015

Yay! I shot the ball into the hoop!

On Sunday, my family and I went to Hamilton to celebrate my grandma's birthday. We got up early because we had to get both the food and ourselves ready as quickly as a racing car.
               We had to go through the drizzling rain to get in the car. It took an hour and 30 minutes for us to get to Hamilton. Once we arrived there, we took out some food from inside our car. "I feel hungry!", I shouted. I looked at the food and smelt it closely, "Mmmmm..."
               Minutes passed by and the party hadn't start. I got bored so I wanted to play on my iPad. Even after I've been on it for a little while, the party still hadn't started. "Do you want to play basketball?", my cousin asked."Sure!", I replied. It was a lot of fun playing basketball with my cousin.
               Finally, the party started. First we took some photos. We prayed before we ate, "Yay!" Then we sang my grandma a happy birthday song. After that, we ate some food. There were pork, salad, sushi, cake and Filipino food. I ate some pork because it was my favourite food to eat. "This is hard to bite", I said to myself. I tried to bite as hard as a shark's teeth. Once I had finished eating most of my food, my tummy started to rumble a bit, so I sat down for a while.
               Minutes later, my cousins and I went on a scavenger hunt. I had to hide seven items. Then it was my cousin's turn to find the seven items. "I found one!", my cousin shouted.
"Another one!", my other cousin said. After they found all the items, we decided to play basketball. We had a lot of fun playing and shooting the ball into the hoop.
               It was a lot of excitement and happiness. I loved the food and I loved playing basketball. I hope we can try a different game.

WALT understand and use descriptive language.
I know this when I use appropriate adjectives, verbs and similes in my recount.              

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.