Pages

Saturday 13 June 2015

Have you been to a baptism before?

It was a cold, bright sunny Sunday morning. My family and I decided to go to Matamata for my mum's friend's baby's baptism. "Are you all excited?", my mum asked.
"Yes!", we shouted.
             Two hours later we arrived at Matamata. First we went to my mum's friend's house. Then we went to the church. Since it's our first time here, we are allowed to wish for anything!", my mum said.
"Really?", I replied.
"Yes!", my mum shouted. We were so happy because we got to pray for anything to Lord.
               A few minutes passed by. Then the baptism started! Father started by making the sign of the cross. Then he read the gospel and read out some prayers out as loud as a dog. Yay! The baby is now baptised with holy water!
               After that, we went back to my mum's friend's house to have some food to eat. There was pork, cupcakes, marshmallows, salad and other Filipino food. I loved the cupcakes because of how sweet it was. I kept on eating the cupcakes because it was as nice as chocolate porridge. "Yum!", I said.

It was an awesome tome at Matamata because I love to celebrate baptisms. It is such a special celebration.

WALT understand and use descriptive language.
I know this when I use appropriate verbs, adjectives and similes in my recount.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.