Pages

Monday 10 August 2015

Yay! We now have a basketball hoop!


On Sunday, my family and I went to the Warehouse to get a basketball hoop. We had breakfast first before we went to get a basketball hop. Then we went to the Warehouse in the car.

          When we went inside the store, we went to look for a basketball and a hoop straight away. When we saw the basketballs, we thought that they weren't pumped up properly however they were all beautiful. My dad chose a nicely pumped up ball because we didn't have any ball pump. Then we went to get a basketball hoop. My dad and mum saw a junior hoop and it was $80, we didn't know that it was a small one because it came in a huge box. "I have a feeling that hop is too small," I said. So my parents and my sister tried to find a bigger hoop as fast as they could. We found one that was big enough so we bought it.
          Once we went out of the store, we went to the pizza shop and ordered a butter chicken flavoured pizza. The workers said that we could pick up the pizza in 20 minutes. We waited for my mum to get the pizza and then we headed back home. I ran as quickly as I could back to the house because I was so excited about playing with the basketball.
          My favourite part was when we got the basketball and the hoop because my sister and I have always wanted to get a hoop. My family and I was so happy because this way we can exercise anytime we want. When my sister and I get better at playing basketball, we might get a higher basketball hoop.

We are learning to use and understand descriptive language in my writing.
I know I can do this when I use appropriate verbs, adjectives and similes to describe events and nouns.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.