Pages

Friday 14 August 2015

Woohoo! We tied with Pt. England!

On Wednesday, the year eights, sevens, fives and sixes from St. Patrick's School had a basketball tournament after school. Miss Chao told us to be at the Tamaki Recreation Centre straight away.
       My sister and I were the first people of St. Patrick's School to be there. My dad lead my sister and I to the changing room so we could change into our P.E uniform. Once we were changed, he took our bags and our school uniform back to the car. He said that he will be back as rapidly as a cheetah because he had to go and pick up my mum so that she could come and watch the basketball tournament as well.
       The basketball game was about to start so Miss Chao decided who was going to be substitutes and who was going to be first up. Siu, R.J, Rhonda, Rosary and Dhon were going to play first while Launoa, Glen and I were going to be the substitutes. I was feeling nervous because it was my first time that I am playing against Pt. England.
       Beep! The game started and the basketball team was really focused because they were putting a lot of pressure on the other team. Then Dhon got the ball and ran as quickly as he could and shot a goal. After the teams got a few shots in, Glen, Launoa and I went to replace Rhonda, Rosary and Dhon. "Go Shannon!" my mum cheered out loudly. I felt that she was very supportive of me. Then the game continued.
       Whistle! I tried to go as speedily as I could to get the ball from Pt England School. Miss Chao told us to be strong on them so that we can win. My feet was running quickly when I saw the basketball roll towards me. I grabbed it and bounced the ball. However I was trapped and so I didn't know what to do. So Pt. England took it away from me. Then someone from my team tried to get a shot in the hoop. A loud noise sounded and it signalled the end of the game. I was very proud and happy of myself and my team because we tied with Pt. England at the end.
       I had an amazing time at the basketball tournament because we were focused on the ball. Next Wednesday, I hope we can win our games.

We are learning to understand and use descriptive language in my recount.
I know I can do this when I use appropriate similes, verbs and adjectives to describe events.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.