Pages

Wednesday 16 September 2015

Could someone please peel off the shrimp skin for me?

On a cold cloudy morning, my family and I wanted to go to Hamilton to visit our cousins, aunties, uncles, grandma and grandpa. "I can't wait to go to Hamilton again!" my sister and I exclaimed excitedly.
          While we were going to Hamilton, my sister and I felt bored of listening to my mum and dad's conversation so we decided to play on our iPads. We were both playing a game called Farm heroes saga. I kept on losing the game because it was so confusing. Soon we arrived.
          First, my cousin Kylie and I exercised before we played dodge ball. "Okay, run as hastily as a cheetah to the end of the deck and back five times," I said to her. Then it was my turn. I had to do it 12 times in high speed.
          Then dinner was served. I ate some shrimps and mussels because it was one of my favourite sea foods to eat. The shrimp's skin was slimy which caused it to become hard and took a while to peel off. "Yum!" my cousin said. My grandma, grandpa, aunties, uncles, mum and dad were so busy laughing and chatting to each other so quickly that I couldn't hear a single word.
          Once my cousins, sister and I had finished eating our foods, all of us playing dodge ball. The first tagger who had the ball was R.J. "Ah, I got hit!" I called out loudly. Then it was my turn. After I had a couple of tries, I threw a big hit towards my sister. "Yes," I said. My sister was great at targeting others.
          It was an awesome time down in Hamilton because we got to eat seafood like shrimps, mussels and fish. We also got to play a lot of fun games. I hope we could go back to Hamilton again so that we could visit my cousins, aunties, uncles, grandpa and grandma again soon.

We are learning to understand and use descriptive language.
I know I can do this when I use appropriate adjectives, verbs and similes to describe events in my recount.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.